How to Teach Music to Young Children

People often ask me when they should start their child in piano lessons. My answer: as soon as possible! It is never too early to start exposing your child to the world of music. Now, I am not saying a 3-year-old should be in private lessons. No toddler or even preschooler should be expected to sit on a bench for 30 minutes, listen to explanations, memorize terms, and follow complex directions. Not if you want that child to actually enjoy music and come back again next week! Here are a few ideas for teaching these young beginners.

Strategies for Teaching Music to Young Children:

Activities and Materials to Include in a Preschool Music Class:



Obviously I could go on and on, but short of writing your curriculum for you, I hope this gives you some good ideas and place to get started!

Labels: ,